Chefs cook up Clic Appeal cash boost
WOULD-be celebrity chefs helped whip up a gastronomic feast in a Ready Steady Cook style contest in aid of our CLIC into Action campaign.The event at the Red Lion in Martlesham saw names drawn from a hat to find two volunteers willing to choose ingredients and help the pub's chefs prepare two meals in 20 minutes.
WOULD-be celebrity chefs helped whip up a gastronomic feast in a Ready Steady Cook style contest in aid of our CLIC into Action campaign.
The event at the Red Lion in Martlesham saw names drawn from a hat to find two volunteers willing to choose ingredients and help the pub's chefs prepare two meals in 20 minutes.
The final offerings were king prawn surprise, followed by kiwi fondant and squid and noodles and a cheesecake.
The Red Lion has consistently supported our campaign since we launched CLIC into Action in February with more events planned for the future, including a treasure hunt on May 22 at 6pm and a watercolour challenge on June 21.
You may also want to watch:
CLIC into Action has so far raised £14,891 for children with cancer and leukaemia in East Anglia.
We are hoping to find £50,000 to continue funding a cancer nurse and a play specialist in the region's hospitals.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
n Donations can be made by credit of debit card to the CLIC into Action donation line on (0800) 1383810 or by cheque, payable to CLIC into Action and sent direct to CLIC, 8 Wren Close, Thurston, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP313TQ or to any of the East Anglian Daily Times Offices.
Cheques can also be paid direct into any branch of Lloyds TSB, quoting CLIC into Action, sort code 30-00-01, account number 02693685.
Donations can also be made via the CLIC website at www.clic.uk.com/donfr.htm quoting ref. CIA.
We are also asking for disused ink and printer cartridges to be deposited for CLIC into Action using special boxes located in EADT offices.
The CLIC registered charity number is 802396.