Chefs cook up Clic Appeal cash boost
WOULD-be celebrity chefs helped whip up a gastronomic feast in a Ready Steady Cook style contest in aid of our CLIC into Action campaign.The event at the Red Lion in Martlesham saw names drawn from a hat to find two volunteers willing to choose ingredients and help the pub's chefs prepare two meals in 20 minutes.
WOULD-be celebrity chefs helped whip up a gastronomic feast in a Ready Steady Cook style contest in aid of our CLIC into Action campaign.
The event at the Red Lion in Martlesham saw names drawn from a hat to find two volunteers willing to choose ingredients and help the pub's chefs prepare two meals in 20 minutes.
The final offerings were king prawn surprise, followed by kiwi fondant and squid and noodles and a cheesecake.
The Red Lion has consistently supported our campaign since we launched CLIC into Action in February with more events planned for the future, including a treasure hunt on May 22 at 6pm and a watercolour challenge on June 21.
CLIC into Action has so far raised £14,891 for children with cancer and leukaemia in East Anglia.
We are hoping to find £50,000 to continue funding a cancer nurse and a play specialist in the region's hospitals.
- 1 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 3 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 4 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 5 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 9 'Absolutely awful': Anger as rubbish left dumped near beauty spot
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
n Donations can be made by credit of debit card to the CLIC into Action donation line on (0800) 1383810 or by cheque, payable to CLIC into Action and sent direct to CLIC, 8 Wren Close, Thurston, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP313TQ or to any of the East Anglian Daily Times Offices.
Cheques can also be paid direct into any branch of Lloyds TSB, quoting CLIC into Action, sort code 30-00-01, account number 02693685.
Donations can also be made via the CLIC website at www.clic.uk.com/donfr.htm quoting ref. CIA.
We are also asking for disused ink and printer cartridges to be deposited for CLIC into Action using special boxes located in EADT offices.
The CLIC registered charity number is 802396.