Chelmondiston: Two injured in three-car crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a three-car crash involving a police car.
The accident happened in Main Road, Chelmondiston, close to the junction with Bylam Lane, at around 4.20pm.
One witness said one car hit another into the police car.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The police car was going through Chelmondiston to another event.
“Unfortunately a vehicle appears to have gone into the back of it. Both rear passengers of the second car suffered muscular neck injuries.
“And firefighters had to cut the roof off one of the vehicles to help release the passengers from inside.”
Two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further checks.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 6 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 7 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 9 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 10 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
Motorists in the area are facing delays with queues stretching back to the Freston Street junction at the height of the disruption.