Chelmondiston: Two injured in three-car crash involving police car
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital after a three-car crash involving a police car.
The accident happened in Main Road, Chelmondiston, close to the junction with Bylam Lane, at around 4.20pm.
One witness said one car hit another into the police car.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said: “The police car was going through Chelmondiston to another event.
“Unfortunately a vehicle appears to have gone into the back of it. Both rear passengers of the second car suffered muscular neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“And firefighters had to cut the roof off one of the vehicles to help release the passengers from inside.”
Two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital for further checks.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
Motorists in the area are facing delays with queues stretching back to the Freston Street junction at the height of the disruption.