A12 reopens after man dies following Chelmsford crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A man in his 40s has died following a collision on the A12 at Chelmsford, with the road closing for several hours overnight while investigations continue.
Police were called at around 9.20pm last night after a Renault Megane was in collision with a stationary lorry in a layby between Three Mile Hill and Galleywood, junctions 15 and 16.
The Renault driver, a man aged in his 40s, sadly died at the scene.
The northbound side of the A12 between junctions 15 and 16 was closed overnight while officers carried out forensic examination work at the scene.
It reopened this morning shortly after 7am and traffic is coping well.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses and anyone who was in the area at the time and has dashcam footage are asked to call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting incident 1316 of July 6 or email CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk