Two further teenagers arrested after attempted murder of man, 19
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Two further teenagers have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a 19-year-old was stabbed in Chelmsford.
The attack happened around 4.50pm Tuesday, June 2, in Chelmer Park, Galleywood, where officers found the man stabbed.
He was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries, but police say he is now in a stable condition.
A 19-year-old man from the town was arrested during the early hours of Wednesday morning on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm in connection with the assault.
That evening, two 17-year-old boys, both also from Chelmsford, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
You may also want to watch:
All three remain in police custody.
Essex Police had extended a Section 60 authority in the town, which grants officers greater stop and search powers, although the authority ceased at 9pm.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
Community Policing Team Inspector Barry Booth said: “Even though we are treating this as a targeted assault, we understand that this incident will have caused some concern in the community.
“I’d like to reiterate our thanks to the community for their co-operation and encourage anyone with information about the incident to contact us either through our website or by calling 101.”