Chelmsford: Biker critical after A12 crash
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORCYCLIST has been left with “very seriously injuries” following a crash on the A12 near Chelmsford.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the collision, between a Ford Fiesta and a Honda motorcycle, at the Boreham interchange at 9.55pm last night.
The 53-year-old motorcycle rider, from Latchindon, was taken to Addenbrookes Hospital with a number of very serious injuries and is in a critical condition.
The car driver, a woman from the Braintree area, was shocked but uninjured.
The southbound A12 sliproad from the Boreham interchange was closed for around five hours for a detailed investigation of the scene. The reopening of the road was delayed due to freezing temperatures and the need for the road to be gritted.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact Pc Pedro Anido at the Road Policing unit at Chelmsford on 101.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 5 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 6 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm