Long delays from Ipswich to London due to train fault
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers on Greater Anglia services can expect cancellations and delays after a train fault at Chelmsford stopped all services to Liverpool Street.
The travel disruption strikes during the Monday morning commute, with city workers currently unable to make it to London Liverpool Street.
The broken down train has been moved by a dedicated ‘rescue train’ but disruption is expected to services up until 11am.
Although the rail franchise is only warning travellers as far away as Colchester that they will experience these delays, commuters at Manningtree and Ipswich will likely also face disruption.
The Greater Anglia Journeycheck website is being updated with the latest information and directing rail users who are delayed for over 30 minutes to claim for refunds through their delay repay scheme.
In a statement on its website, Greater Anglia said: “Due to a fault on a train at Chelmsford, services departing Colchester, Marks Tey, Kelvedon, Witham and Chelmsford heading towards London Liverpool Street are being disrupted.
You may also want to watch:
“Services are being delayed up to 30minutes, we are currently arranging a rescue train to attach and move the broken down train out of the way at Chelmsford so services can start moving again.”
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 8 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 9 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 10 From favourites to outsiders - odds on Town winning League One drift widely