Man jailed for sexual assault on girl under 13
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for five years for three charges of sexual assault on a young girl.
Adam Hudson, 35, of Pondfield Road, Colchester, appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court where he received five years for one count of assaulting a girl under 13 by touching Monday, November 11.
Hudson also received further two further year long sentences which will run concurrently with the five year sentence for two further counts of assault on a girl aged under 13.
He was placed on the Sex Offenders' Register for life and was made the subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order (SHPO).
The victim spoke of her ordeal with another adult following a lesson at school before police were called in to investigate.
Hudson's sentencing follows a long investigation by Essex Police's Child Abuse Investigation Team into offences between September 2011 and September 2018.
Investigating officer DC Kimberly Farrow said: "Hudson subjected a young girl to horrific sexual offences over a number of years.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
"The girl bravely spoke to another adult in confidence after realising she had been a victim of crime and she then courageously spoke to our officers.
"Hudson is a sex offender and this week he has been sent to prison for these serious offences.
"He has been placed on the Sex Offenders' Register for life and will have to abide to conditions within a SHPO once he is released."