Chelmsford: Firefighters called to rescue driver after crash barrier collision on A130
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are working to free a motorist thought to be trapped in their vehicle after a road collision near Chelmsford.
The driver, whose details were not released, struck a “crash barrier” between the Sadlers Farm junction and Rayleigh Spur roundabout on the A130 at Broomfield at around 6.20am today.
Details of the vehicle were not disclosed but an Essex Police spokesman said it is thought the driver’s injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Three fire engines, paramedics and police remain at the scene.
It is not known in what direction the driver was travelling.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews are working alongside ambulance paramedics to free one casualty following a road traffic collision.
“The incident involves one vehicle.
- 1 'Eyesore' Suffolk seafront hotel for sale for £2million
- 2 A14 westbound closed after car catches fire
- 3 'There are still areas we want to improve' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 4 Plans for 5 'very large homes' in Suffolk village turned down
- 5 Plans for 5 homes in Suffolk village refused planning permission
- 6 Council has 'no plans' to alter verge cutting schedule in Suffolk
- 7 Town in negotiations with Aberdeen over Hladky sale
- 8 Project to keep Suffolk pub 'protected for years' turned down
- 9 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 10 Plans submitted to transform former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town
“At 6.35am, firefighters report that rescue operations continue.”