Chelmsford: Fireworks put through letterbox of house
POLICE are appealing for information after a set of fireworks were place through a door of a Chelmsford house.
The two lit fireworks were place through the letterbox of a family house on Thames Avenue during the early hours of Sunday, November 11.
The carpet caught alight, causing approximately �300 worth of damage.
Investigating Officer, Pc Debbie Jelliss, said: “The family awoke on Sunday morning to find these two fireworks which had naturally extinguished themselves.
“This was a scary discovery and we are now trying to ascertain the motive behind such an act which could have caused the whole house to light up and put the family’s lives at risk.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this act of criminal damage is urged to contact investigating officers at Chelmsford police station on 101.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 5 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk