Chelmsford: Guilty plea to road death in Springfield Road
A MOTORIST has pleaded guilty to causing the death of a pedestrian in Chelmsford through careless driving.
The collision happened when a Ford Fiesta struck 72-year-old Thurlo Haile on Springfield Road near to the junction with Llewellyn Close shortly before 8am on Friday, June 10, 2011.
The pedestrian, who lived on Oakley Avenue in the town, was certified dead at the scene.
The car driver, 23-year-old engineer Lewis Snelgrove from Woodhall Road in Chelmsford was arrested at the scene.
At Chelmsford Crown Court today (Wednesday, October 24,) he pleaded guilty to causing death by careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on court bail prior to his sentencing back at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, November 16.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!