Chelmsford/Ipswich: Man wanted over violent attack on female special constable
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating an attempted robbery and assault of a woman motorist in Chelmsford have issued a photograph of a man that they want to identify and question in connection with the incident.
On August 24 at around 3.30am a man, who police say may be from the Ipswich or wider Suffolk area, stood in the middle of Rainsford Road, Chelmsford, causing a woman motorist to stop her car and the man then asked her to take him to the High Street, which she declined.
He then tried to take the car keys and become violent punching the woman in the head before she was able to drive off. The woman, in her 50s from the Chelmsford area, who is a special constable, was left with minor bruising and swelling.
The man is described as white, aged 20-40 with straight short brown hair and he was wearing a dark suit, smart shoes and a light coloured shirt with a burgundy red tie.
Around 6am the same morning another woman motorist reported that a very intoxicated man started banging on her car window and shouting at her in Chignal Road, Chelmsford, again asking for a lift. She drove away from the man, who had a similar description, without further incident and did not wish to make a complaint.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Dc Louise Wilson said: “This was a frightening experience for the first woman and totally unacceptable behaviour from the man. I want to identify the man captured on CCTV and speak to him about his potential involvement in this incident.”
Anyone who can help is asked to contact Dc Wilson on Chelmsford CID on 101.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies