Chelmsford: Police called to large fight involving up to 30 people in city centre
- Credit: Archant
Up to 30 people were involved in a fight in Chelmsford after leaving nightclubs in the city on Sunday.
Police are asking people to come forward with information about the large fight which took place at 2.30am.
Officers were called to Market Road in the city following reports of a disturbance.
About 20 to 30 people are believed to have been involved, with damage also caused to windows and street furniture.
Police arrested five men from London who are currently on bail pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
DC Tim Ashworth said: “At the time this happened a lot of people would have been leaving the nightclubs in the area and I am sure many of them must have seen something. I would ask anyone who saw the fight or the vandalism that took place to call me at Chelmsford CID on 101 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
The men arrested were a 23-year-old, a 25-year-old, a 21-year-old and a 28-year-old for violent disorder, and a 25-year-old for affray and possession of cannabis. They are due to answer bail between July 18 and July 23.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience