Chelmsford: Police investigating attempted murder name man they want to quiz over the stabbing
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an attempted murder in north-east Essex have named a man they want to talk to in connection with the incident.
Officers want to trace Richard Frost, 35, who is believed to have been at the scene of an incident at Chelmsford in which a 17-year-old boy was run down by a car and stabbed twice.
The victim remains critically ill in hospital. A 25-year-old man was struck a glancing blow by the car but was unharmed.
The incident took place at about 10.15pm on November 21.
Mr Frost, who is from Chelmsford, is believed to be travelling in East Anglia in company with his partner Kay Phillips, 26 and their five-month old son. There are concerns for the welfare of Miss Phillips and the baby.
Essex Police DCI Mark Hall, leading the investigation, said: “I am becoming increasingly concerned for the wellbeing and safety of Kay and the baby. I believe Kay to be a loving and caring mother, but she is currently in circumstances where she no access to money, has no stable environment and lacks the support of her family.
“Her family are deeply concerned and wish her to make contact with police at the earliest opportunity. I would appeal to Kay to go with the baby to her nearest police station.”
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
Police throughout East Anglia have been asked to search for the three people, but investigations are currently being concentrated in the Chelmsford area, in Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire, an Essex Police spokesman said.
Frost has a leg injury and may be using crutches, should not be approached and any sightings should be reported to police by calling 999.
Frost is 5ft 8in tall, of medium build and has pierced ears and tattoos on his hands.
Miss Phillips is about 5ft 4in tall, has blue eyes and has shoulder-length or long dyed blonde hair.
Any sightings should be reported on 999 but detectives can be contacted with other information on 0800 096 1233 or 0207 158 0197.