Chelmsford: Police release efit of burglary suspect
POLICE are hoping the release of an efit of a suspect burglar in Chelmsford will lead to his swift arrest.
The break-in happened when thieves attempted to enter a house on Beeleigh Link near to its junction with Ramshaw Drive shortly after 1pm on Monday, October 8.
The 22-year-old female occupant, who was inside, heard several noises emanating from the rear of the property frightening her into running out of the front door where she was confronted by a silver Vauxhall Astra. This was driven off at speed. It is thought this driver was working with two other men who had been trying to force their way into the house.
Investigating officer, Dc Samantha Amsden, said: “Although we think there may have been two other men involved in this attempted break-in, the Astra driver is our main lead and who we are keen to identify.
“Beeleigh Link is the main road through Chelmer Village and is always busy, especially during the lunch-time peak period. A car driving off at speed would have caught the attention of passers-by.
“We would urge people to cast their minds back to that Monday lunch-time. Equally, the detailed description of the suspect and his clothing it should be jog someone’s memory. They will know him and so need to contact us.”
The man pictured in the efit is described as white, aged in his mid-20s to early 30s, of far-eastern appearance, has black hair cropped at the sides, longer at the front and gelled into quiffs. He has a mole on his left cheek and was wearing a light blue polo-shirt which has red horizontal stripes.
- 1 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 2 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 3 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 4 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 7 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 8 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 9 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
- 10 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
Anyone with information in connection with this burglary or who can identify the man in the efit is urged to contact detectives at Chelmsford police station on 101.