Chelmsford: Pop star Tulisa quizzed over alleged assault at V Festival
- Credit: � James McCauley
Pop star and X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos has been interviewed by police investigating an alleged assault at a music festival in north-east Essex.
The N-Dubz singer issued a statement earlier this year denying accusations that she assaulted a blogger at V Festival in Chelmsford, Essex, but police have continued to investigate the incident.
It is understood Contostavlos voluntarily attended an interview at a police station in Chelmsford today.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said: “Officers are investigating an allegation of assault that is said to have occurred at the V Festival this year.
“Two people attended voluntary interviews today.
You may also want to watch:
“Nobody has been arrested and inquiries are continuing.”
Celebrity writer Vas Morgan claimed that the 25-year-old star charged towards him in a “drunken and angry state” in a backstage area at the event in August.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
But in a statement issued at the time, a representative for Constostavlos said: “Tulisa strongly denies assaulting Mr Morgan. She specifically denies punching Mr Morgan in the eye.
“She has placed this matter in the hands of her lawyers for immediate and appropriate action.”