Chelmsford: River search called off
A SEARCH of the River Wid in Chelmsford has been called off following fears a body may be in the water.
The police marine unit and fire service launched the joint search at 11.30am after receiving reports that a body may have been in the water.
They continued until around 2pm, searching the banks of the Chelmsford river and travelling both up and down stream in the hunt for whatever had sparked the alarm.
However, it was called off after no trace was found.
Police in Chelmsford are still looking for 63-year-old Michael Forrest, who was last seen near his home in Ockleford Avenue at 8am yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Forrest has a shock of white hair and a moustache and wad last seen wearing a grey duffle coat and black tracksuit trousers.
He is suffering from the early effects of dementia and was due to have a blood test at Broomfield hospital on Tuesday morning, but failed to attend.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 4 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 5 'We are in for three, four or five players' - Town CEO Ashton on new signings and deliver 'dramatic change' for Cook
- 6 Oxford boss hits out at 'ludicrous' League One spending while appearing to take swipe at Ipswich Town
- 7 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 10 Ashton reveals season ticket sales and hails impact of Ed Sheeran sponsorship
He is familiar with the Melbourne area of Chelmsford and often visits the shops in that area.
Anyone who has any information about Michael’s whereabouts is asked to contact police at Chelmsford on 0300 333 4444.