Chelmsford: Two charged over murder of Essex man
TWO men have been charged with the murder of Anton Jardin who was found dead at a property in Chelmsford.
Sam Martin, 25 from Fairfax Drive, Westcliff and Clint Sspearpoint, 34, from Kelso Close, Rayleigh have been charged by detectives and remanded in custody to appear before Magistrates in Chelmsford tomorrow (Tuesday).
A 25-year-old woman, from Hockley, who was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice has been released on bail until September 21.
Police said earlier that eight other men have been bailed while enquiries continue.
Men aged 29, 25, and 23, have been bailed to September 19. Men aged 35, 28, 29, 27, and 27 have been bailed to September 26.
You may also want to watch:
Anton Jardin, 39, from Eastwood Road, Rayleigh, died at a property off the A414, London Road, Chelmsford on August 19.
In a statement, his family said: “Anton was our loving and caring son, brother and uncle. He was a talented artist and graphic designer, full of enthusiasm for life.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“We are devastated at losing him, words cannot express our loss; there is a hole in our lives which cannot be filled. He was be sorely missed by friends and family.”