Chelmsford: Woman dies after her car went out of control
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a fatal car crash in Chelmsford last night.
A woman in her 60s died after her car went out of control at Parkway at around 7.40pm.
The silver Mazda car collided with a crash barrier and part of the railway viaduct before overturning beneath the viaduct.
The driver, who is from Chelmsford, was taken to Broomfield Hospital where she died about two hours later.
The road was closed until 12.30am while officers carried out an investigation into the cause of the crash.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed that no other vehicles were involved but police are keen to speak to any witnesses that have not yet come forward.
Call the Essex police serious collision unit on 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 8 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 9 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car
- 10 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing