Chemical spill alert sparked after shampoo leaked onto Suffolk road
Liquid was seen pouring from a plastic drum onto the road outside a Suffolk primary school this morning, sparking fears of a chemical spill.
Suffolk Constabulary and Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were both called to the scene on the A144 Halesworth Road in Ilketshall St Lawrence, outside the primary school.
But on arrival they discovered the liquid was actually shampoo, leaking from a drum on the back of a lorry.
A police spokeman said they were called at 7.30am, after a caller reported a plastic drum inside a lorry, possibly containing chemicals, had split open and was pouring onto the road.
A fire crew from Lowestoft South were also sent, but at 7.50am, they were notified that the substance was actually shampoo.
A spokesman for the fire service said a private cleaning team were on the scene cleaning the road.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 6 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 9 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing