Man treated for chlorine exposure after ‘hazardous material’ is spilled on driveway
- Credit: Archant
A 74-year-old man has been treated by the ambulance service after a hazardous material was poured on a driveway in Great Cornard.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called today, Friday, August 23, at around 11.45am to reports six kg of sodium hypochlorite had been poured in the front garden of a house in Pot Kiln Road.
Fire fighters from Sudbury were sent to the scene and put a safety cordon in place.
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said: "Approximately six kg of sodium hypochlorite was poured onto a concrete drive and surrounding stones.
"There was one male casualty involved. "First aid was given by the fire service but an ambulance has attended as well. "A 74-year-old man is believed to have breathed in a small amount of chlorine."
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 12.42pm with reports of a person who had inhaled a chemical.
"We used our Emergency Clinical Advice Triage Centre and no further treatment was required."
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer