Child injured in mystery scooter crash
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a five-year-old boy suffered serious head injuries after seemingly falling off his scooter.The mystery accident happened on Grange Road in Felixstowe at 8.
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a five-year-old boy suffered serious head injuries after seemingly falling off his scooter.
The mystery accident happened on Grange Road in Felixstowe at 8.45am on Saturday while the youngster was playing on the pavement with the push toy.
Although police are unsure about what happened next, the boy was found lying face down in the road and had to be taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, with serious head injuries.
A spokesperson for East Anglian Ambulance service said: "We received a call on Saturday that a young boy had fallen off his scooter. When an ambulance arrived at the scene the paramedics discovered that he had serious head injuries and took him to Addenbrooke's as a result."
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman added: "Although these injuries are thought to be serious they are not believed to be life threatening.
"However we would like to hear from anyone who might be able to shed some light on what happened to the boy because at the moment we are not entirely sure.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
"One minute he was playing on his scooter on the pavement, the next he was found lying face down in the middle of the road. We would really like to hear from anyone who knows what happened to him between this period.
"We would especially like to hear from any van drivers that might have been in Grange Road at the time of the incident and who had to take avoiding action thinking that there was some sort of object in the road."
Anyone with information should contact Sergeant Chris Rodda at Headquarters Policing Unit on 01473 613500.