Children invited to enter National Stud junior tour guide competition
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Children who love horses and enjoy public speaking are being invited to enter a junior tour guide competition at The National Stud in Newmarket.
Tourism hub Discover Newmarket is encouraging youngsters aged between eight and 16 to submit up to 50 words explaining why they would make a good tour guide.
The winner will receive a family ticket to The National Stud, lunch in the Wavertree's Coffee Shop worth £50, and have the chance to practice their skills under the expert guidance of Discover Newmarket tour guide Larry Bowden.
Mr Bowden was the only guide in East Anglia to be shortlisted for Visit England's Tourism Superstar 2019 Award.
Megan Pollexfen, manager of Discover Newmarket, said: "We're giving children the rare opportunity of getting some top tips from one of the best tour guides in the country as they enjoy seeing our incredible horses and learning about how The National Stud works.
You may also want to watch:
"Along with Palace House and family days at Newmarket Racecourses, Newmarket is a great place for child-friendly outings over the summer holidays."
Entries with full contact details and 50 words should be emailed to email@example.com by August 31.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident