Children invited to enter National Stud junior tour guide competition
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Children who love horses and enjoy public speaking are being invited to enter a junior tour guide competition at The National Stud in Newmarket.
Tourism hub Discover Newmarket is encouraging youngsters aged between eight and 16 to submit up to 50 words explaining why they would make a good tour guide.
The winner will receive a family ticket to The National Stud, lunch in the Wavertree's Coffee Shop worth £50, and have the chance to practice their skills under the expert guidance of Discover Newmarket tour guide Larry Bowden.
Mr Bowden was the only guide in East Anglia to be shortlisted for Visit England's Tourism Superstar 2019 Award.
Megan Pollexfen, manager of Discover Newmarket, said: "We're giving children the rare opportunity of getting some top tips from one of the best tour guides in the country as they enjoy seeing our incredible horses and learning about how The National Stud works.
"Along with Palace House and family days at Newmarket Racecourses, Newmarket is a great place for child-friendly outings over the summer holidays."
Entries with full contact details and 50 words should be emailed to email@example.com by August 31.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 3 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 9 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
- 10 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash