Children’s money inside safes taken in Colchester burglary
Two safes with sentimental jewellery and children’s birthday money in were stolen from a home last week.
The break-in happened at a house in Glen Avenue between 4.30-11.50pm on October 6.
Police believe the SecureLine safes with round keypads may have been dumped nearby.
Detective constable Claire Jennings said: “The jewellery had been passed down through generations and are of great sentimental value, so the owners are desperate for them to be returned.
“I am appealing for witnesses or anyone who saw people acting suspiciously in the area at the time of the burglary to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also possible the safes may have been dumped, so I would ask anyone who is in the area close to Cymbeline Way to be on the lookout just in case.”
Anyone with any information should call Det con Jennings at Colchester CID on 101.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 9 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer