Chimney fire at home in Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze at a home in Bury St Edmunds town centre this morning.
One crew from the town was sent to the property in Angel Hill at 7.40am.
On arrival, the firefighters requested help from the aerial ladder team to access the chimney.
However, due to the uneven ground the aerial appliance, also from Bury fire station, could not be used.
The crews then used a ladder and working at height equipment to reach the chimney and extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze was under control by 9.30am.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn