Chimney fire extinguished in Witnesham
PUBLISHED: 21:05 25 January 2015 | UPDATED: 21:15 25 January 2015
Crews took more than 90 minutes to extinguish a chimney fire at a home.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the domestic property in Weyland Road, Witnesham, at 2.50pm.
Two fire appliances and an aerial appliance were sent.
A fire spokeswoman said the chimney’s pots had to be removed to get access to the fire. She added the fire only involved the chimney of the property and not the rest of the house.
“It is quite common for crews to take that amount of time with chimney fires,” she said.
The fire was under control by 4.30pm.
Crews attended from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations.