Chimney fire extinguished in Witnesham
- Credit: Archant
Crews took more than 90 minutes to extinguish a chimney fire at a home.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the domestic property in Weyland Road, Witnesham, at 2.50pm.
Two fire appliances and an aerial appliance were sent.
A fire spokeswoman said the chimney’s pots had to be removed to get access to the fire. She added the fire only involved the chimney of the property and not the rest of the house.
“It is quite common for crews to take that amount of time with chimney fires,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 4.30pm.
Crews attended from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening