Chimney fire extinguished in Witnesham

Firefighters go to house fire

Firefighters go to house fire - Credit: Archant

Crews took more than 90 minutes to extinguish a chimney fire at a home.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to the domestic property in Weyland Road, Witnesham, at 2.50pm.

Two fire appliances and an aerial appliance were sent.

A fire spokeswoman said the chimney’s pots had to be removed to get access to the fire. She added the fire only involved the chimney of the property and not the rest of the house.

“It is quite common for crews to take that amount of time with chimney fires,” she said.


You may also want to watch:


The fire was under control by 4.30pm.

Crews attended from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus