Chimney fire in Lidgate pub

Three fire units were sent to assist the vehicle

Three fire units were sent to assist the vehicle

Emergency crews were called to a village pub last night after a fire broke out in the chimney.

One fire crew from Wickhmabrook was sent to the The Star in The Street, Lidgate, at 11.34pm.

On arrival it found the chimney well alight, and used a ladder and thermal imaging camera to establish exactly where in the chimney the fire was.

Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the flames by 0.19am.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter