Colchester Zoo among attractions forced to close due to storm
- Credit: Archant
Several major attractions in Suffolk and north Essex - including Christchurch Park and Colchester Zoo - have been forced to close due to the weather.
Ipswich Borough Council announced that the parks in the town and cemeteries will be shut as Storm Ciara batters the region.
Colchester Zoo also announced their closure for Sunday due to concerns for animal welfare.
Castle Park, Colchester Cemetery and Crematorium, The Priory & car parks for High Woods Country Park are also all closed.
Other events cancellations and closures for Sunday, February 8
You may also want to watch:
In Bury St Edmunds area the Abbey Gardens, Nowton Park and West Stow will be closed today.
Bury St Edmunds Farmers Market. Organisers have cancelled the popular market, saying that stallholder and customer safety had to come first.
- 1 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 2 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 8 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
Sutton Hoo has also confirmed that it will be closed on Sunday with its planned close-up photography workshop also cancelled.
Mannings Market, Felixstowe will not be taking place this weekend.
Alton Water will be closed from 4pm on Saturday February 8 and all day on Sunday - an inspection will be then held on Monday.
Alton Water Frostbite, the latest edition of the sailing event has fallen foul of the weather. Extra races are planned in upcoming weeks to make up.
High Lodge in Brandon will be closed all day on Sunday for the safety of visitors and staff.
The Festival of Light at Haughley Park have announced they will be shut on Sunday - tickets will be valid for any of the other days it is open.
The National Trust's Icworth estate will be closed on Sunday - this will include the West Wing. The estate will then be assessed on Monday morning.
Suffolk FA have announced that all youth and adult Suffolk County Cup fixtures planned for the weekend have been cancelled.