Christmas Claws winner admires her prize
- Credit: Archant
Ruby the Labrador, who won the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star’s Christmas Claws competition, is delighted with her prize.
Back in December we asked for pictures of your Christmassy pets with 46 making it into our special supplement.
See the nominations here: Which festive animal gets your vote in our Christmas Claws competition?
The entries were vast from a guinea pig sat in tinsel to a sleepy cat - but three-year-old Ruby stole the show and received the most votes.
The prize for Ruby and her own owner Lindsay Wright was a photoshoot and a canvas of one of the pictures - as you can see from the picture Ruby is quite happy with the new decoration in their home.
Lindsay Wright revealed that she had actually forgotten that she had entered the competition when a friend noticed Ruby’s photos in the paper.
She said: “I just thought it would be a bit of fun. I am pleased she won.”
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident