Christmas Claws winner admires her prize
- Credit: Archant
Ruby the Labrador, who won the East Anglian Daily Times and Ipswich Star’s Christmas Claws competition, is delighted with her prize.
Back in December we asked for pictures of your Christmassy pets with 46 making it into our special supplement.
See the nominations here: Which festive animal gets your vote in our Christmas Claws competition?
The entries were vast from a guinea pig sat in tinsel to a sleepy cat - but three-year-old Ruby stole the show and received the most votes.
The prize for Ruby and her own owner Lindsay Wright was a photoshoot and a canvas of one of the pictures - as you can see from the picture Ruby is quite happy with the new decoration in their home.
Lindsay Wright revealed that she had actually forgotten that she had entered the competition when a friend noticed Ruby’s photos in the paper.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I just thought it would be a bit of fun. I am pleased she won.”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop