Christmas fair raises £800 for RSPCA despite powercut
Fundraisers and stallholders pulled together to help keep the event going
A variety of stallholders took to the Holbrook Village Hall to sell gifts and help raise money for the charity.
Father Christmas also made an appearance at the event with entertainment being provided by the Vivo Village Voices Choir.
A tombola and raffle were also held at the event.
“It was a lovely event, it went really well,” said fundraiser Mary Taylor, “the choir were beautiful”.
You may also want to watch:
All had been going well at the event until the hall experienced a powercut leaving the fair without lights or heating.
Luckily stallholders quickly pulled together to keep warm drinks and warm refreshments in the hall.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Mary said that fortunately shoppers had not been put off by the cold but she added that; “some of the stallholders had begun to feel it by the end of the day”.