Christmas memories from 1990: Carols on Woodbridge’s Market Hill
- Credit: Archant
The annual open air carol concert is being held in Woodbridge tomorrow night - but can you spot yourself among the crowd in these pictures from the event in 1990?
What could say Christmas better than getting wrapped up to enjoy an open air carol concert?
It is a tradition that has spanned Woodbridge’s history for the past 65 years, attracting crowds of people young and old to the town’s Market Hill.
The event also provides a chance for youngsters to meet with Father Christmas, who attends each year to spread some festive joy on the night.
These pictures taken at the event in 1990 show the crowds of people who turned out to enjoy the festivities.
You may also want to watch:
The Rotary Club of Woodbridge will present its 66th annual Christmas carol service on Market Hill from 6.30pm until 9pm tomorrow night.
Everyone is welcome and, as always, Father Christmas will make a special guest appearance to hand out some early festive treats for the younger guests.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Busy high street taped off by police
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
The event is free to attend, with donations to be collected for Macmillan Cancer Support.