Missing man found dead at airfield
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the case of a man found dead at Elmsett Airfield has opened.
Christopher Errington, 47, from Saxstead died on February 25 this year.
Mr Errington had been reported missing to police at the time of his death.
While officers were conducting a missing person’s investigation they checked Elmsett Airfield and noticed a light on.
The inquest heard that Mr Errington was found slouched over his desk with pictures of loved ones around him.
Police reported that there was a strong smell of fumes in the building.
Officers carried out CPR with paramedics taking over when they arrived.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 2 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 5 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 7 Suffolk letting agent admits swindling customers out of £80,000
- 8 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 9 Fire crews extinguish large playing field fire in Suffolk village
- 10 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
However, Mr Errington was confirmed as deceased.
Senior coroner for Suffolk, Nigel Parsley confirmed that an internal case review into Mr Errington’s death will be held in July with an inquest date set for September 22.