Missing man found dead at airfield
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the case of a man found dead at Elmsett Airfield has opened.
Christopher Errington, 47, from Saxstead died on February 25 this year.
Mr Errington had been reported missing to police at the time of his death.
While officers were conducting a missing person’s investigation they checked Elmsett Airfield and noticed a light on.
The inquest heard that Mr Errington was found slouched over his desk with pictures of loved ones around him.
You may also want to watch:
Police reported that there was a strong smell of fumes in the building.
Officers carried out CPR with paramedics taking over when they arrived.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 7 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
However, Mr Errington was confirmed as deceased.
Senior coroner for Suffolk, Nigel Parsley confirmed that an internal case review into Mr Errington’s death will be held in July with an inquest date set for September 22.