Dress up for Downton Abbey
- Credit: Archant
The Downton Abbey film hits the silver screen this weekend and the Abbeygate cinema in Bury St Edmunds is inviting customers to join them in travelling back to the 1920s.
The cinema, in Hatter Street, is holding a Downton Dress-up Day on Sunday September 15 and is inviting customers to join staff by wearing attire inspired by characters from the period drama set in an early 20th century country house between the wars.
Marketing manager Andrea Holmes said: "The Downton Abbey film has been one of our biggest advance sales this year, interest in it has been really strong.
"Tickets for the Sunday screenings are selling fast and we would love people to join us in dressing up on the day."
The cinema is also offering special dine-in tea boxes and Downton Abbey specials such as kedgeree, a popular dish of the time with the aristocracy.
You may also want to watch:
Downton Abbey, whose stars include Hugh Bonneville and Maggie Smith, was originally screened between 2010-15 on ITV and has won numerous awards.
For more details go to the Abbeygate cinema website.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 3 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 9 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 10 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn