Inquest into death of Suffolk music producer to be held in Australia
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of a Suffolk music producer has been adjourned again ahead of a hearing in Australia.
Karl Bareham, who was originally from Bury St Edmunds but lived in Toronto, Canada, died during a scuba diving trip off the coast of New South Wales on September 24, 2019.
The 37-year-old was on tour with Canadian musician Dallas Green, also known as City and Colour, at the time of the incident.
An inquest into the death opened at Suffolk Coroners' Court in Ipswich last March but was adjourned as the investigation in Australia was ongoing.
Suffolk Coroners' Court heard on Thursday that the diving equipment used by Mr Bareham while in the water had been seized by Australian police.
The coroners' service in New South Wales will review the case on September 22 ahead of an inquest in Australia on a date to be fixed.
Area coroner Jacqueline Devonish suspended proceedings until October 20 to review whether an inquest needed to take place in the UK or not.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast