Thousands flock to Clacton as thrilling airshow gets underway
- Credit: citizenside.com
Tens of thousands of aviation enthusiasts will flock to Clacton today to enjoy the thrills of one of the UK’s most exciting airshows.
The spectacular display will get underway at 11am, concluding the first day of entertainment at 9pm before it all happens again on Friday, from 11am to 5pm.
The main flights at the free show include: The Blades Aerobatic Team, Tigers Army Parachute Display Team, Team Raven, Ultimate Warbird Flights, Slingsby T67 Firefly, RAF Tucano, Strikemaster, FireFlies Aerobatic Display Team, the RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight featuring a Hurricane, Spitfire and Lancaster bomber, OTTO the Helicopter, Bronco Demo Team, T33 Shooting Star, Norwegian MiG 15, Piper Cub and an RAF Typhoon which will only feature on Friday.
The first day will also feature one of the most popular attractions of the two day festival.
Night flights will start at around 7.30pm. The event will also include a twilight drop by the Tigers Army Parachute Display Team, whose performance will include formations, trailing smoke and flags.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the night flight line-up are OTTO the Helicopter from O'Brien's Flying Circus, the FireFlies and a Piper Cub.
After the twilight flights, there will be a spectacular firework display on Clacton Pier.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
Sadly the Red Arrows are not taking part this year as they are touring North America, but organisers hope they will return in 2020.
Official programmes will have full details of flights and timings.
Tendring District Council has also just launched a new "Love Tendring" events app, which is helping people to keep up to date with the latest flight announcements.
The main official car park is the Orange Priority Car Park, run by the Rotary Club of Clacton on Sea.
There will be a food court on the West Greensward, with a wide range of refreshments.
For more information and updates visit the Clacton Air Show website.