Red Arrows were ‘absolutely spectacular’ at Clacton Airshow - with ‘surprises’ in store for Friday
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of spectators descended on the Essex coast today to witness one of the highlights of the aviation calendar.
Organisers of the Clacton Airshow said the crowds attending day one had been treated to some “spectacular” displays – with more in store for tomorrow.
Event director Mike Carran said the first day had gone “as well as we could have possibly expected”.
“The show is 12 months in planning and so it’s fantastic to see how everything has come together today,” he added.
“There was a bit of cloud at the start of the day but by the time the flying started the sun was shining, just as you would expect on the Essex Sunshine Coast.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been some amazing displays today and, as for highlights, it’s hard not to mention the Red Arrows who were absolutely spectacular.
“The Typhoon display was also stunning and the Tigers parachute team are always a huge crowd pleaser.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 5 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 6 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 7 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 9 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 10 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
The free to attend airshow, now in its 27th year, is expected to attract around 250,000 visitors over the course of the two days.
Mr Carran said visitors to tomorrow’s show could expect highlights including the Chinooks and Vampires as well as a “few surprises”.
As well as the flights, there will also be on-site entertainment including exhibition stands and appearances by Titan the Robot.
Visit the official website for more details.