Clacton: Airshow takes place in skies over Tendring on Thursday, August 21 and Friday, August 22
- Credit: Archant
Final preparations are being put in place for this week’s Clacton Airshow.
The event – in its 23rd year – will take place on Thursday and Friday and a strong line-up both in the skies and on the ground is expected to pull in flight fans.
The West Greensward will be transformed with stands, stalls and displays from a whole range of organisations.
The programme in the air is the biggest and best yet with something to excite all ages and tastes – from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight to modern day fighter jets.
The action gets under way at around 12.30pm on both days.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Platt, Tendring District Council’s cabinet member for tourism, culture, leisure and events, said they are hoping for record crowds. Most of the hard graft has been done by the team and it is now a case of adding the finishing touches,” he said.
“But, as is the case with most outside major events, a lot depends on the weather and we will be keeping our fingers crossed that it is kind to us. Last year we had around 140,000 people watching the show over the two days and it would be great if we can top that this time.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
The world famous Red Arrows will be joined by the Typhoon Eurofighter, the Avro Vulcan, Royal Canadian Lancaster and Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. The programme also includes the Sea King Helicopter, Tutor, Autogyro, Essex Air Ambulance, RAF Tucano, the Breitling Wingwalkers, the Trig Aerobatic Team, Rolls Royce Spitfire, the Bulldog and Richard Goodwin and his modified Pitts S2S G-EWIZ.
The main air show car park will be in West Road (next to Clacton Airfield) and will be operated by the Rotary Club of Clacton and costs £6 per car. There will also be a park and ride service.
if you are going along, visit our East Anglian Daily Times promotions team at the Clacton Airshow and purchase a goody bag for just £1.
Each bag contains a copy of the EADT, bottle of water, Kettle chips, sweet treat, glider, colouring picture and pencils.