Clacton: Appeal for information following robbery
DETECTIVES are appealing for information following a street robbery in Clacton.
The attack happened when a 40-year-old man from the Clacton area was walking near to the alleyway between Blenheim Road and Park Road at 3.30pm on Thursday, October 11.
He was approached by two young men, one of whom punched him in the face. In fear of further violence, the victim handed over his wallet and both men ran off towards Park Road.
Investigating officer, Dc Annalise Redden, said: “This attack happened in the middle of the afternoon so we’re hopeful that motorists or passing pedestrians would have seen it.
“We would urge anyone who had been in the Blenheim Road area at the time to contact us as they may have seen these two offenders either before or after the robbery; and in which case, they are key witnesses.”
You may also want to watch:
One of the assailants is described as black, about 5ft 7ins tall, of slim build and is aged in his mid-late teens. At the time, he was wearing a grey tracksuit with the hood up.
The accomplice is white, about six foot tall, is aged in his mid-20s, of slim build, was sporting stubble under his chin and, at the time, was wearing a baseball cap, a grey hoody and blue jeans.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
The victim did not require any medical treatment.
Anyone with information in connection with this robbery is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101.