Clacton: Appeal over attempted robbery in play area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A WOMAN has been grabbed by a man and told to empty her pockets as she walked across a field.
Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward following the incident at Knox Field off Knox Road, at about 12.10pm on Tuesday.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was walking across the field at the time of the incident.
Police said a man, who was walking his dog nearby, saw what happened and shouted at the suspect before rushing to help the woman. The suspect then ran off.
Investigating officer, Dc Claire Lukey, said: “Unfortunately the man who prevented this robbery left the scene before the police arrived so we do not have his details.
“We would like him to come forward because he is an important witness.
“We also want to hear from anyone who was at the playing fields at the time and might have seen the man hanging around or running off after the incident.”
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 4 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 5 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 6 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 7 McKenna delighted to see Town win game of 'aggressive chaos'
- 8 Fire crews spend eight hours tackling north Suffolk field blaze overnight
- 9 Burton Albion 0-1 Ipswich Town: Harness wins it as Blues stand firm
- 10 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their Burton Albion win
The suspect was believed to be aged in his mid-20s, about 5ft 3in tall, of slim build and of mixed heritage. He was wearing a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Anyone with information should contact Dc Lukey at Clacton CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.