Clacton: Appeal over attempted robbery in play area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A WOMAN has been grabbed by a man and told to empty her pockets as she walked across a field.
Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward following the incident at Knox Field off Knox Road, at about 12.10pm on Tuesday.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was walking across the field at the time of the incident.
Police said a man, who was walking his dog nearby, saw what happened and shouted at the suspect before rushing to help the woman. The suspect then ran off.
Investigating officer, Dc Claire Lukey, said: “Unfortunately the man who prevented this robbery left the scene before the police arrived so we do not have his details.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like him to come forward because he is an important witness.
“We also want to hear from anyone who was at the playing fields at the time and might have seen the man hanging around or running off after the incident.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
The suspect was believed to be aged in his mid-20s, about 5ft 3in tall, of slim build and of mixed heritage. He was wearing a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Anyone with information should contact Dc Lukey at Clacton CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.