Clacton: Assault leaves woman with suspected fractured cheekbone
Witnesses are being sought to an assault in Clacton on Christmas Eve that left a 20-year-old woman with a suspected fractured cheekbone.
The incident is alleged to have occurred at 9pm on Tuesday December 24 when the woman was walking along Rosemary Road and saw two men verbally abusing another man.
She attempted to intervene in the incident but was subsequently assaulted, suffering injuries which required treatment at hospital in Colchester.
A 28-year-old Clacton man was arrested on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly, and assault.
He was taken to Clacton police station and interviewed before being released on police bail pending further enquiries. He is due to report back on Tuesday March 18, 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Lee Winfield, of Clacton CID, said: “An arrest has been made in this case but we are still keen to speak to any witnesses who may have seen what happened in Rosemary Road at around 9pm.”
If you can help, call Det. Winfield at Clacton Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 3 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 10 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets