Clacton: Boy, 12, suffers head and ‘serious’ leg injuries in car collision
A boy suffered head injuries after being involved in a collision with a car in Clacton.
The boy, thought to be 12 years old, was taken to hospital after the incident in Viking Way at around 3.35pm today.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said the boy suffered head and serious leg injuries not thought to be life-threatening.
“A young boy, believed to be aged around 12, was knocked over by a car and sustained head and serious leg injuries,” she said.
“We sent two ambulance officers, an ambulance, and Essex Air Ambulance to the scene. Critical care paramedics administered pain relief to the casualty.
“He was then taken by land ambulance to Colchester General Hospital for further emergency treatment.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 5 Villages shock as seven Suffolk postboxes stolen in 10 days
- 6 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 9 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week