Clacton: Burglar steals �500 from war veteran’s home
POLICE in Essex are appealing for information after a burglar forced his way into the home of a 94-year-old war veteran and stole �500.
The burglary happened at a flat in Holland Road, Clacton, near to its junction with Holland Park, between 6am and 7am this morning.
When the homeowner answered a knock at the door, a young man pushed him aside and ran into the property.
The thief, who was in the flat for a short period, is described as white, in his late teens or early 20s, of slim build, around 5ft 10in. He spoke with a local accent and wore a grey hoodie.
Investigating officer, Dc Daniel Jefferies, said: “We believe this burglar had called round to the property the previous week, collecting charity sponsorship money. He obviously got a glimpse of the inside and decided to return to commit crime. We would urge people to take a look at the description and contact us if they believe they recognise him.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with the burglary is urged to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 101, or Crimestoppes anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 6 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 7 'We're a soft touch' - Cook on defeat to West Ham U21s
- 8 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 'Fly high gorgeous girl' - Alliyah, 17, dies after collision