Clacton: Cat seriously injured after being shot
Police are appealing for information after a cat was shot and seriously injured in Clacton.
It is believed the grey long-haired cat, called Smokey, was hit with an airgun pellet on May 22 sometime between 4pm and 10pm.
Police are unsure of where exactly the incident happened but it is believed to have been near Smokey’s owner’s home in Walton Road.
After being taken to a vet Smokey was found to have serious internal injuries and is now recovering at home.
A police spokesman said: “Cruelty to animals is not acceptable. The person who shot Smokey has committed a cruel and heartless act.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone has information about this incident then I would ask them to contact us.”
If you have any information call the response team at Clacton police station on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road