Clacton: Eight people left homeless after two rooms destroyed by fire in Beach Road
- Credit: Archant
Eight people have been left homeless after a fire at a house in Clacton.
Three fire crews were called to tackle the blaze in a two-storey home in Beach Road just after 2.25pm.
The incident commander reported that the ground floor of the property was heavily smoke-logged.
Leading firefighter Scott McLean said: “The fire was in a downstairs bedroom, this bedroom and the adjoining bedroom were completely destroyed.
“The result of the house suffered extensive smoke damage as a result of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“No-one was hurt and everyone was safely out by the time we arrived.” Firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used three jets to fight the flames which were brought under control by just before 3.10pm.
An investigation has been launched to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting