Clacton: Family homeless after kitchen blaze at house in Schofield Close
- Credit: Archant
A family has been left homeless after a house fire in Clacton.
The incident was reported at 9.34pm last night and two crews from Clacton fire station were sent to Schofield Close.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle the blaze in the kitchen of the property.
An Essex County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Once the fire was out, by 9.58pm, crews used a high pressure fan to clear the property of smoke.
“The Red Cross Fire Support vehicle was alerted to attend to provide welfare support to the family.”
The spokesman said a fire investigation would be carried out to establish the cause of the incident.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch