Clacton: Four arrests made following store burglary
FOUR people have been arrested following a burglary at a Tesco store in Clacton.
Police were called at 9.52pm on Sunday following reports that cigarettes had been stolen from the shop in London Road.
Two vans were later followed on the A12 by police units and one was stopped at Boreham and one man was arrested.
The second van continued into Brentwood then back onto the A12 where it was stopped at Colchester Road, Harold Wood, after colliding with several police vehicles. Three people were arrested.
A 26-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on suspicion of burglary, aggravated vehicle taking and failing to stop for police, a 23-year-old man of no fixed address was arrested on suspicion of burglary, a 24-year-old man from east London was arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving and a 20-year-old man from Chelmsford was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
They remain in custody as enquiries continue.
Police have appealed for information from any witnesses who saw the burglary or from anyone who saw any motoring incidents on the A12 and in the Brentwood/Harold Wood area.
- 1 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 4 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 5 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 6 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 7 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 8 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
Anyone who can help should contact Detective Sergeant Mike Wilkinson at Basildon CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.