Clacton: Four due in court over Tesco burglary
FOUR men will be appearing in court today charged in connection with a burglary at a Clacton supermarket.
Police were called at 9.52pm on Sunday following reports that cigarettes had been stolen from the Tesco store at London Road.
Two vans were later followed on the A12 by police units and one was stopped at Boreham and one man was arrested.
A police spokesman said: “The second van continued into Brentwood then back on to the A12 where it was stopped at Colchester Road, Harold Wood after colliding with several police vehicles. Three further men were arrested.”
A 24-year-old man from London has been charged with burglary along with a 26-year-old of no fixed address.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man from Chelmsford has been charged with driving while disqualified, using a vehicle without third party insurance and burglary, while a fourth man, a 20-year-old from Chelmsford, is charged with driving while disqualified, using a vehicle without third party insurance, assaulting a constable and burglary.
All four will appear before magistrates in Chelmsford today.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child