Clacton: Four teens injured in Clacton lamppost crash
FOUR teenagers have been injured after the silver Ford Fiesta they were travelling in crashed into a lamppost.
A 17-year-old has girl suffered serious head and back injuries in the accident which happened in West Road, Clacton, at about 10pm last night.
Two other girls, aged 15 and 16, sustained leg and pelvis injures and a 19-year-old man has a suspected broken collar bone.
All four patients have been taken to Colchester General Hospital.
Another man, who was a passenger, did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Police urgently need to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen the Fiesta or any other cars travelling from Clacton towards Jaywick.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the road policing unit at Stanway on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 9 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
Police have arrested a 50-year-old man from the Clacton area, who was the driver of another vehicle, on suspicion of motoring offences in connection with the incident.