Clacton gunpoint robbery
SHOTS were fired as three men were robbed at gunpoint in a shocking attack in Clacton last night. The incident happened at about 7pm in Thomas Road as the takings of a Christmas collection were being carried from a social club in CarnarvonRoad.
SHOTS were fired as three men were robbed at gunpoint in a shocking attack in Clacton last night.
The incident happened at about 7pm in Thomas Road as the takings of a Christmas collection were being carried from a social club in Carnarvon
The men from the Railway Club were carrying a "large amount" of money when they were stopped by two robbers, one armed with a shotgun.
You may also want to watch:
One of the robbers discharged the gun into the air in what police described as a horrendous incident.
The victims handed over a briefcase of ledgers, but none of the money they were carrying. No one was hurt in the robbery.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 6 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
Insp Paul Butcher of Clacton police said the men were shaken by the attack. He said: "They are quite shaken, but they acted very, very bravely."
The victims are giving descriptions of the men as we speak.
"It is a very shocking attack, for a gun to be discharged in a residential area is horrendous."
The robbers made their getaway in a vehicle which headed down Thomas Road towards its junction with Coppins Road.
If anyone saw the attack or has any information they should contact Clacton CID on 01255 221312.