Clacton: Investigation launched into cause of front door blaze, which left woman needing treatment
- Credit: Archant
An investigation was launched this morning after the front door of a property in Clacton was set on fire.
One woman had to be treated by paramedics after suffering from smoke inhalation during the incident in Hayes Road at about 3.40am today.
Two fire crews from Clacton, one from Weeley, the ambulance service and police were all called to the scene when the alarm was raised.
The blaze was out by the time crews were on the scene but firefighters cleared the property of smoke by using a high pressure fan.
The incident was under control by about 3.50am.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire investigation will be carried out to establish the cause.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience